We invite you to read our Long Beach lodging reviews and discover why we are such a great destination for a romantic getaway on the Washington coast.
*2015 King5 TV’s Northwest Best B&B — 4th out of 133 nominees in their”Best of the Northwest Escapes” In the Top 5 for 7 years.
2015 Trip Advisor has named Boreas Inn to their Hall of Fame for 5 years of 5 Stars on their Certificates of Excellence.
“Best B&B breakfast I’ve ever eaten, friendliest innkeepers I’ve ever met. Most relaxed surroundings I’ve ever slept in. And all on a beautiful wild beach” Allen Cox, Editor of Northwest Travel Magazine
“Romance is infused in every detail of this delightful inn…” The Best Places to Kiss in the Northwest in the brand new 10th Edition, where Boreas was once again awarded their fine “Three Kiss” rating. Boreas Inn is also featured in the new Best Places to Kiss in the Northwest Cookbook.
“Intimate, eclectic, a Key West meets the Northwest type of place.” Karen Brown’s Guides – The Pacific Northwest Charming Inns & Itineraries
“Gorgeous, spacious rooms with comfy beds and luxurious bathrooms.” Matt Villano in The San Francisco Chronicle Travel Section, July 2, 2006.
“Anybody in the hospitality industry should visit Boreas to see what First Class is all about.” Guest review on BedandBreakfast.com by Mark Gombrich, August 2007.
- 2015 TOP5 Best B&B in KING 5 TV’s “Best of the Northwest Great Getaways –#4 this year out of 133 nominees. Top 5 Best B&B for 7 years running!
- 2015 Trip Advisor Hall of Fame award for 5 years of 5 Star Certificates of Excellence
- 2011 and 2010 “Best of the Discovery Coast” winner for “Coziest Inn” and #1 and #2 in “Most Romantic Getaway”
- 2005-06, voted Best Breakfast in the Northwest in Arrington’s Book of Lists, published in Arrington’s Inn Traveler
- 2004 and 2002 Oregon and SW Washington Better Business Bureau/Enterprise Rent-a-Car “Business of the Year” Award in Customer Service Small Bus. Category for Oregon and SW Washington.
- 2003-04, voted Most Romantic Hideaway in Arrington’s Book of Lists, published in Arrington’s Inn Traveler
Other Long Beach Lodging Reviews and Recognition
Boreas (meaning the Greek God of the North Wind) Inn has been featured in many newspaper articles and over 20 travel and lodging books including the following:
- The Bend (OR) Bulletin, November 23, 2014 “No, not the longest beach but this beach may be among the best” Northwest Travel by John Gottberg Anderson.
- The Bend Bulletin, March 13, 2011 “Welcome to Oysterville” article by John Gottberg Anderson.
- NW Travel Magazine, September/October, 2014 “Town & Country Autumn Escapes”.
- Examiner.com October 7, 2014 Elizabeth Rose “Long Beach Peninsula’s Boreas Inn: Beachy luxury with an amazing breakfast.”
- Coast Explorer, October, 2013 “Savory Forged Delicacies on the Long Beach Peninsula.”
- Oregonlive.com, Terry Richard, Long Beach Peninsjula Celebrates Wild Mushrooms”
- Coast River Business Journal, June, 2013, “Boreas Bed and Breakfast Inn named to KING5’s “Best of the Northwest”.
- NW Travel Magazine, Fall 2012, “Long Beach Peninsula- Where Foodies Flock in the Fall”
- The Best Places to Kiss in the Northwest Cookbook Sasquatch Press, 2009.
- The Best Places to Kiss in the Northwest, Sasquatch Press 10th Edition “Three Kiss” (Three Kiss rating = Outstanding and very desirable), 2008.
- Coast River Business Journal, February, 2007, feature article “Business of Passion”, by Joanne Rideout.
- The San Francisco Chronicle, July 2, 2006 Travel Section, “Where the wind is your oyster”, by Matt Villano.
- The Seattle Times, June 8, 2006, “Saving on gas: More hotels in Northwest offering deals”, by Kristin Jackson.
- The Daily Astorian’s Coast Weekend, May 25, 06, feature article “Bed, Breakfast, Beach & Books”.
- Fresh Ideas: Oregon Food/Home/Wine/Travel, January/February 2006, article “Bountiful Boreas Beckons,” produced by Zupan’s Markets.
- The Sunday Oregonian, January 29, 2006, in Destinations Section, Northwest Weekend article, “Salty and Sweet”. “Boreas …ideal guests: couples searching for a romantic beachfront lodging close to town.”
- Endless Vacation Magazine, July-August, 2005, “Weekender: Long Beach Peninsula: Kites, Herons and Oysters” by Matt Villano, Photographs by Mark Gamba.
- The Sunday Oregonian, April 4, 2004, Gerry Frank’s column, Frankly Speaking, “Grand getaways from beach to valley”.
- Northwest Palate, Sept.-Oct., 2004, Jane Bedinger, “A Taste of the Good Life”.
- Best Places Northwest–3 Star rating, 07!
- Best Places to Kiss in the Northwest– 3 Kiss rating, 2006
- Mobil Travel Guide –3 star rating
- Bed and Breakfast Explorer Directory
- Recommended Inns West Coast Edition
- Fodor’s Bed and Breakfast and Country Inns
- The Seattle Times
- Honolulu Advertiser
- San Diego Union-Tribune
- Sunset Magazine
- Karen Brown’s Guides
- The Columbian Newspaper, January 16, 2004, Jackie McManus, “Wedding Showcase: Honeymooning in the Northwest”.
- The Olympian, Sunday, January 18, 2004, Chester Allen, “Take advantage of wild and wet winter storms”.
- Tacoma News Tribune
- The Guardian – London, England
- Unofficial Guide to Bed and Breakfasts in the Northwest – 5 1/2 star rating
- Pacific Northwest Best Places to Stay
- Recommended Bed and Breakfasts Pacific Northwest
- Daily Telegraph – London, England